Visitors

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review: Nars Duo Eyeshadow "Sugarland"




Today NARS Duo Eyeshadow "Sugerland" is up for judgement. First off I have to say I never imagine myself even trying out NARS eyeshadow. I guess it wasn't the first brand that came in mind on what i wanted to try. I was given this product to me as a holiday gift and after i did a lot of research and looked at tons of reviews so i know what to expect. Nars are really famous for their blushes however their eyeshadow are either a hit or a miss.... unfortunately this duo falls under the "Miss" Category. Well at least for me it did, since a lot of review gave it a thumbs up.

My Rating For this Product: 3 out of 5 cherries

Here is Why i didn't Like it.....

(Before i start torturing this product let me give a thumb up for something i liked)

Thumbs up:
-Sleek Compact: I love the design of the compact is tiny not bulky at all which is great if you are on the go. Slip it in your purse and you are ready to go.

-Study: I like my products to be sturdy is very important especially when you are always on the run or doing makeup for a client. You really don't have the privilege to take your time to open and close a product with care, the snap shut system on this compact is extremely easy to shut which is nice. What i enjoy the most about it is the material they used, it has this soft texture but it still grabs on to your hand ensuring it wont slide off and fall onto the ground.

Thumbs Down:
- Pigmentation: One of the biggest issue about this duo is the color pay off...it just didn't do it for me. It really failed me because i was expecting so much more pigmentation in these shadows for what is worth. I feel like part of the reason why it doesn't show on me is my skin tone, i do have medium skin tone. Below is a picture of swatches...On the far right side is 1 swipe of the shadow with no primer and on its left is 1 swipe with a primer. You can slightly see a difference but is still extremely sheer. On the far left is 2 swipes of shadow with a primer as a base, here you can truly get the color you see in the pan. On the right of it is 3-4 swipes with out a primer and here you can tell a major difference to the color intensity, between the one with and with out a primer.
Overall if you want to get a true color you need to pack on a few layers of shadows, but be careful you will get tons of fall out. Also i recommend using a primer for this duo since it has a lot of fall out and shimmer.
-Coloring: This is really more of a personal issue since i do have medium skin tone. The purple in this duo looks very pretty however when is transfer onto my eyes, it gives the illusion that my eyes are puffy. The Apricot color is too sheer, glittery and causes too many fall out to even use as a highlight color. Overall this duo colors doesn't flatter me at all.

Hope you find this review helpful and stay tune for more reviews, tutorial and much more.
Cheri

1 comment:

  1. nice =) i've got another addition to my beauty blogging friends =) u guys are all so cool!!

    ReplyDelete