Visitors

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review: Loreal Infallible Lip Color

Yay time for another product review, this time we have Loreal Infallible Lip Color. When I first got this lip color, I instantly knew that it was a "Must" review product because of the idea. Let me give you a quick overview on what it claims to do: A long wear lip color, that stays fresh throughout the day. This lip color will not flake or fade off your lip for 16 hours sealing it with a hydrating lip balm which contains Vitamin E. That's what Loreal claims but does it really do what it claims to do? Lets Find out then!!!

Packaging: Have you ever pulled out your lipstick and have to dig and look for your mirror in order to apply it? Well you no longer have to with this product, a reflective material is used to package the product. Which makes the whole process of applying the lip color is a lot easier. The way the product is shaped reminds me of a lighter, you get 2 little tubes on each side: the color and the balm. The lip color comes with a doe foot applicator instead of a brush, it contains up to 2.3ml of product. The other side is the conditioning balm which is used to seal the color on your lips. The lip balm doesn't contain a lot of product, only 2.4g worth of product.

Application: There's clear instructions printed on the back of the product, Loreal suggest you apply a coat of the lip color on first and wait 2 mins before applying the balm. However after testing it out for almost a month, I suggest putting 2 coats of the lip color on waiting around 1 min in between. This way you get a better concentration of color, than apply a generous amount of balm after waiting 2 mins for the lip color to dry. The balm will help seal the color on your lips, so don't be stingy on the balm.

Lasting Power: Did it really last up to 16 hours without flaking or fading off? The answer is No, I knew it was too good to be true. A lip color not fading for 16 hours, with all the drinking and eating is just not possible. It did last up to 8 hours without touching up the lip color and still looking presentable. However there's flaking on the center of my lips and the side. One reason why I think it work for me is because I have very dry and chapped lips. The lip color itself is already very drying and putting that on my lips makes it worse. There's nothing the lip color can grab on to, therefore it flakes off faster & easier than someone with a condition lip. The balm that came with the product was the only hope. I believe the only way you could ever keep the lip color on for over 8 hours, is to apply the balm very 10 mins. The balm does help to condition your lips, but it doesn't last very long.

Color Selection: The color selection for the lip color ranges from bright colors to nudes. So I would consider that they have a basic color range, however not a great one. Loreal also came out with a Star Collection line featuring celebrities like Beyonce known for her Reds.

My Verdict: Although I love the packaging and the idea of it, however it didn't live up to expectation. This is one of those products that will vary drastically from different users. Either you love it or hate it there's no in between for this product. If I could change one thing about this product, it would be the balm. As you all know by now that the lip color is extremely drying. It is important to apply a generous amount of balm on your lips to seal the color in. The balm only comes with 2.4g of product, there's no doubt about it that the balm would be empty before the lip color. Therefore I wished Loreal could include more product for the balm or have a full size of the balm for sell. Would I ever repurchase this product, probably not this lip color retails regularly for approximately $14 CAD. I got this lip color on promotion for $11 CAD, I would not spend $14 CAD on a product that doesn't work. I would rather spend a couple more dollars for a MAC Lipstick. So I give this product a 3.5 cherries out of 5.

I will probably do an experimental video on this lip color, so you will be able to see clearly what I mean. Happy Shopping Everyone Have a Great Week :)Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel, you can find the link under "Where Else To Find Me" located on the left hand side of the blog.

xoxo
Cheri

1 comment:

  1. This is a great review! Thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete