Visitors

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Day Makeup "Bold & Strong"

Don't have a date for Valentine doesn't matter you can still rock this look. This isn't your typical soft and romantic look, colors I am using is a bit brighter and wilder. If you want you can opt for a softer matte color to tone the look down. I am using the Coastal Scent 88 Shimmer Palette, you can use whatever you have. I am using a few main colors in this palette; Hot Pink, Light Purple, Muted Purple and Pale Yellow.







Step 1:
Prime your lids with a eyeshadow primer, I am using Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
Potion. Take a pale yellow shadow or you can use a champagne or white and pad that along your lids. Concentrate the color on your lids and take it a bit up beyond your crease, you can also apply that on to the brow bone. Make sure you blend out the harsh line before moving on to the next step.

Step 2:
Take a hot pink shadow, if you don't have a hot pink use a softer pink this is just for a gradient effect. Now have the color concentrate on the outer corner and fade it
into the middle. You want the least color in the middle and don't over do the pink because it can make you look like you didn't get any sleep. Blend it out lightly you don't want the pink to spread too much.

Step 3:
Take a light purple and place it on 1/3 of the lid, again you want to go from darkest to lightest. This step is to build up a gradient so don't cover too much of the pink cause we still want that showing. Now is time to add some depth I chose a muted purple over a black because these colors are so bright, adding a black would mud out the whole look. So use a pencil brush and concentrate the color on the outer corner and lightly blend it up the crease and into the 1/3 of the lid. Remember the trick to this look is the blending, you want a gradient effect. So you should have colors overlapping, but not totally covered so fading the color is important.

Step 4:
Line your upper lash line and tight line with your favorite liner, I am using the Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner in Black. Tight lining your eyes is also known as invisible eyeliner, there is a tiny part of skin that sits right between your upper lash line and you eye balls. Lift up your lids a bit and run your eyeliner on that area, that is call tight lining and it will make your lashes look a lot fuller. Make sure to only use a pencil or kohal eyeliner on the tight line.

Step 5:
Curl your lashes and apply a coat of your favorite Mascara, I am using the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara in Blackest Black. Than you are all done with your eyes, just add a hint of blush on your cheeks and lip color than your are set for V day.

Hope all of you will have fun on v day and spend it with the people you love and care. I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.
I know this look is a bit bold for v day, I was actually going to save this look for the spring inspire look. However I am currently sick and don't have the energy to create a look to have pictures taken. So I was not sure if I was able to get a V day look in time, therefore I had to put this up for now if I get better by Friday I will do a more romantic one and get it up on Sat.

Also make sure to check my facebook page out for request, questions and answer.
Cheri
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment